Raise your hand if you are interested in making the tastiest green smoothie ever? I know I am! I’m always finding a way to sneak veggies into my smoothie goodies.
If you follow me on Instagram (if you don’t, click here), you’d probably know by now that I am a BIG smoothie lover. I believe that the best way to start your morning is by consuming a lot of fresh fruit. Not only it feels healthy to eat but also it will motivate you to stay healthy throughout the day. Although, I don’t usually eat a lot of vegetables in my daily meals that’s where the green smoothies come in handy.
I’ve been making green smoothies for a while and I’ve finally perfected my recipe that looks pretty and tastes heavenly. My favorite types of smoothies are green kinds because they are loaded with nutrients and rich in vitamins. Something as easy as adding lettuce, or spinach into your smoothies can be a great starting point for transforming your smoothie to be even more healthy. Trust me, it tastes more delicious than it sounds.
A LITTLE TIP Y’ALL: If you want to add greens to your smoothie such as spinach, blend the greens + liquid/your milk choice FIRST! My advice is to take the two handfuls of spinach and plant-based milk and combine those two ingredients first. That will provide you a smooth and nicer blend when you put the rest of the ingredients in the container. If you put the spinach at the bottom and the frozen fruit at the top, odds are it will not mix smoothly.
If you want your smoothie to look vibrant like the picture above, stick with fruits that don’t have strong colors (i.e. raspberries, strawberries, beets, etc). Instead, opt for bananas, papaya mango, and pineapple. If you can freeze the fruits, the creamier the texture will be. My favorite way of eating green smoothies is in my Coconut Bowl® (get 10% off in your purchase by using my code: ALANIS10)
The Following Ingredients are:
- Two handfuls of Spinach/Kale
- One Cup of Frozen Mango
- One Cup of Frozen Pineapple
- Unsweetened Almond Milk or milk of your choice
- Spirulina Powder (optional)
- Grab two handfuls of Spinach and a ¼ cup of the plant-based milk into the container. Seal the lid and blend the ingredients until it is well incorporated and has a smooth texture.
- Open the lid and add the rest of the ingredients. If you want it to become much sweeter, add a banana into the smoothie. As a final touch, add half a teaspoon of Spirulina powder to enhance the green color.
- Blend on medium speed until it’s smooth and creamy. If it’s dense, add a splash of almond milk so you get the consistency you like.
- Transfer your green goodie into a bowl or a glass and enjoy!
- OPTIONAL: add toppings such as raspberries, granola, and chia seeds.
If you recreate this recipe, tag me in your stories/posts on Instagram @alaniscolina. Feel free to add more ingredients! This is just a simple way to make a green smoothie so you can get creative and combine other ingredients into the smoothie. Stay healthy!